Friday 8 July 2011

Lancome L'absolu Rouge in Rouge Odysee, no.150 (review + swatches)

If you want to make a bold statement, go ahead and paint your lips red with Lancome L'absolu Rouge in Rouge Odysee ( no.150). This is a creamy, opaque, bright  poppy-red lipstick with this gorgeous flowery smell. I think this would suit cool skin types better, I personally hardly ever wear it cause it's so daring (and I'm not faint-hearted at all). Pity, cause it's such a classy, high quality lipstick. One layer covers the lips completely with intense, bright colour. It does not dry the lips and stays in place for a very long time. Although it says the formulation is pretty innovative, I have a feeling this product is a continuation of the years-long classic lipstick tradition in terms of colour, texture, smell and packaging. I love it in spite of the fact that the colour doesn't suit me and I'm not brave enough to wear it anywhere outside my home.

The only disadvantage I can mention is that you need to be careful when drinking. Use a straw if you can. Otherwhise you'll end up looking like Joker from Batman films, the lipstick left on the edge of the glass will stain your face for sure! On the other hand, it leaves gorgeous feminine marks on cigarettes ( I know, what I'm saying is politically incorrect, I myself no longer smoke, but I adore the image of a woman smoking, especially when she's wearing red lipstick like Rouge Odysee!)





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment